Based on the MOU signed with Import Promotion Desk (IPD) a project financed by Germany Government on July,13,2015 to upgrade the capacity of exporters engaged in natural ingredients, the first IPD capacity building training has given to 26 participants from natural ingredient sectors on January 24, 2016.
The specialty of the program is companies who are part of the program will be assessed their readiness to EU – Germany market, upgrade their capacity on information related with Germany – Eu market, help to attend in one of Germany – Eu trade fair and link with potential buyers.
The purpose of the cooperation is to contribute to the creation of mutual economic prosperity and sustainability through:
- Export development of selected Ethiopian SMEs onto the German and European export markets in the sectors of Natural Ingredients, Cut Flowers and Fresh Fruits & Vegetables;
- Organization of joint Study Tours of Ethiopian exporters to Germany in winter of 2015 (natural ingredients);
- Support the participation of Ethiopian natural ingredients exporters in trade fairs in Germany and Europe (Biofach, In-Cosmetics, ANUGA/SIAL and/or FIE/HIE). IPD supports the Ethiopian exporters by organizing B2B-meetings based on its networks with German importers;
- IPD supports AACCSA in building up own country pavilions at the trade fairs in Germany and Europe (Biofach, In-Cosmetics, ANUGA/SIAL and/or FIE/HIE as an interim arrangement till the benefits are realized by members of the chamber.
- Networking activities with AACCSA at selected international trade fairs in Germany (and Europe);
- Provision of demand-oriented training modules and workshops in joint collaboration between IPD and AACCSA;
- Partnership aiming at creating synergies between the two organizations for the benefit of their clients and program partners (e.g. German sector organizations). It is built on the joint mission of the two organizations to contribute to trade-LED (local economic development);
- Provision of information in the field of Economy and Trade of Germany, if possible of the EU.